Let’s have a quick round up and take a look at what’s currently available out there in the market right now. First up…
1. OLAF scooter URBAN by Olaf Scooter
– Detachable Backpack
– Longboard + Retractable Trolley + Backpack + Kick Scooter
– Backpack can house the Trolley and backpack
– Wheel covers are provided to prevent dirt from getting on your back when you’re carrying it
– Other models available: OLAF Business (Suitcase Version) and OLAF URBAN PLATFORM (Without Backpack/Freestyle)
OLAF URBAN Is Available for sale at: http://shop.olaf-scooter.com/
“Urban, a 4 in 1 unique solution that incorporates a removable ergonomically designed backpack, sturdy trolley, steerable kick scooter and a wooden skateboard that refines the experience of commuting.”
2. Scooter Backpack By Gustavo Brenck
GIG PACK or Scooter Packpack by Brazilian Designer Gustavo Brenck.
Seems like it’s a concept design and not currently manufactured for commercial retail. Found this at the coroflot.com site: “The Gig Pack needs a producer. Contact him at firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Floh: Sounds like “Flow” as in Go With the “Flow”. They started off as a kickstarter project around 2012 and 2013 with prototypes of a kickscooter and backpack hybrid. It’s now developed into more of a slim luggage/canvas briefcase/messenger slingbag + kick scooter combination. They are now in the midst of prepping to sell their products on their official website. And have appeared on a trade show at GadgetShowLive 2015:
FLOH MESSENGER being prepped for sale at: https://floh.com/shop/
So are Backpack Kickscooters going to be an upcoming trend? Is it here to stay? YAY or NAY? What do you think? Share your comments below.
VERDICT: Well, we think while it’s a great idea, the current models or designs could be better refined. So definitely a work in progress. KIV!