The Know-Ped is exquisitely handcrafted from the same high quality aircraft grade materials that all Go-Peds are made from. A kick scooter that is strong, durable and portable – it stands out as the new standard in push scooter design and construction.
The recommended age for the Know-Ped® is 16 years of age or older and and minimum weight is 100 pounds (45 kg).
- Strong, durable and portable.
- Specially crafted for adult users.
- Nice big wheels that will go over rough ground smoothly
- Encompasses 2 different types of brakes – Front & Back Braking systems
- Wide foot bed for easier balancing
- Can hold up to 400 pounds (181kg) of weight
- Mainframe created from Aircraft Quality 4130 Chromyl Frame
- Handle Bar created from 6061-T6 Aircraft Aluminum
- 6″ Solid Go-Active™ Rubber replaceable wheels
Know-Ped Kick Scooter Videos
Specifications & Review:
|Shipping Weight||15.3 pounds (6.9 kg)|
Check Latest Price on Amazon
|Weight of Kick Scooter||13 lbs ( 5.9 kg)|
|Battery Charging Time||N.A.|
|Speed Range of Scooter||N.A.|
|Available Colors||Red, Blue, Gloss Black and Flat Black.|
|Recommended Age From||Teens To Adults|
|Maximum Weight Capacity||400 lbs (181 kg)|
|Folded dimensions||34 by 13 by 13 inches|
|Adjustable Height For Handle Bar||6061-T6 aircraft aluminum. Height of Scooter from Ground: 39 inches.|
|Front Brake||Caliper on Know-Ped / None on Grow-Ped|
|Back Brake||Stomp Fender|
|Wheels||6″ Solid Go-Active™ Rubber replaceable tire|
|Frame||Aircraft quality 4130 Chromyl frame|
|Deck||Signature style Go-Ped wooden deck|
|Foldable?||Yes. Folding hinge: 1 second slide-tube setup|
|Pros||– One of the Cheapest, Good Quality Adult Kick Scooters
– Free Shipping
– Supports the most weight among similar scooters.
– Has a classic American Look to it.
|Cons||– It’s the heaviest scooter
– Some users have claimed that when used
on rainy days it begins to rot. Go-Ped does mention (in small print)
that the Know-Ped should not be exposed to rain or moisture.
– Not on Amazon Best Sellers Rank at all
|Our Score||9.0 out of 10|
|Our Verdict||While the Know-Ped is the priciest among the 3 scooters (Xooter MG and Kickped), it has the
least complaints from users.It is stable, comfortable, sturdy and well built to carry the most weight.
Notably, it does not break down as easily after long usage as compared
with the Xootr.
The downside of the Know-ped Adult Kick Scooter is the non-adjustable
*Information is based on Amazon Content at time of publishing article. Subject to updates and changes periodically. (Last Updated: April 2014)
Picture Source: Google. Amazon. http://forums.letskickscoot.com.